WHY PARTICIPATE IN FIRST FRIDAY ADORATION?
Looking to escape the distractions of daily life and spend some quiet time with the Lord? Then join us the first Friday of every month as we adore Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament.
WHAT IS FIRST FRIDAY ADORATION?
First Friday Adoration, a St. Ann's tradition, is a Eucharistic adoration held the first Friday of every month in the church. It begins with 8:00 AM Mass (9:00 AM Mass during the school year) and is followed by Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament for the remainder of the day. Adoration concludes with evening prayer and benediction at 6:30 PM, followed by Mass at 7:00 PM.
WHAT FIRST FRIDAY ADORATION PARTICIPANTS DO:
- Come any time during the adoration hours (approximately 8:30/9:30 AM to 6:30 PM) to spend some quiet, prayerful time with Jesus.
- Some regular adoration participants commit to specific time slots every First Friday. These "Guardians of the Eucharist" ensure that the Blessed Sacrament is never left alone.
A GUARDIAN OF THE EUCHARIST:
- Must be a fully initiated Catholic adult (18+)
- Is a registered parishioner of St. Ann's
- Attends Mass and receives the sacraments regularly
- Has a deep reverence for the Holy Eucharist
- Commits to spending a specific one-hour time slot with the Blessed Sacrament every month during First Friday Adoration
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN FIRST FRIDAY ADORATION?
To participate in First Friday Adoration, simply come to the church on the first Friday of the month. Exact dates and times are announced in the church bulletin. All are welcome, and you will not be alone. There is always at least one other person present.
If you would like to become a Guardian of the Eucharist and sign up for a specific one-hour adoration time slot, please call Barbara Ward at