WHY JOIN THE FUNERAL SERVICE MINISTRY?
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE FUNERAL SERVICE MINISTRY?
To join the Funeral Service Ministry, or request additional information, please contact Fran Hieter by clicking on the button below.
If you would like to help comfort those who mourn but don't know what to say, let your actions speak for you by serving at funerals as part of our Funeral Service Ministry.
WHAT IS THE FUNERAL SERVICE MINISTRY?
The Funeral Service Ministry is a group of adult volunteers who perform all altar server duties during funeral Masses and services. (We don't use student altar servers for funerals because we don't want to take them away from their classes.)
WHAT WE DO:
- Arrive 20 minutes before the Mass/service to help set up
- Perform all altar server duties during the Mass/service
- Assist with clean-up
FUNERAL SERVICE MINISTERS:
- Are Catholic adult men and women who used to be-or always wanted to be-altar servers
- Are caring, compassionate individuals who believe that serving on the altar during funerals is a quiet yet meaningful way to assist our priests and help comfort those who mourn
- Have flexible schedules and can serve on weekdays and Saturdays on short notice. (Funeral service ministers often learn about funerals just days before they have to serve.)
- Serve about once every other month, or about 6-10 funerals per year