WHY JOIN PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL (PPC)?
Gain insight into the operations of the parish, working with a group of people who value your skills and experience, and have a common focus on our parish mission.
- advises and assists the Pastor to develop and implement plans to achieve parish goals, and address issues of concern for our parish;
- provides a structure with Liaisons and Committees to support communication and coordination of the parish clergy, ministries, organizations and parishioners;
- sponsors, supports, carries out projects to assist our parish in its mission;
- encourages and fosters a sense of community in our parish;
- meets monthly throughout the year.
RECENT PPC PROJECTS:
- Renovation of former Priory building to our new Parish Life Center, 526 Fairview Street.
- Church Improvements including LED lighting with computer-controlled dimming system, electronic door openers, upgraded Comforting Room for families with small children, refurbished confessionals, improved exterior lighting, main entrance lobby renovations including service counter, and stained glass window inviting all to Meet Christ on the Road to Emmaus.
- Usher/Greeter Ministry refreshed with many new adult ushers, and greeting by parish youth.
- Web-based scheduling of liturgical ministers to the delight of all!
- Supported Mission Series "Adventure with Christ" with Dr Marcellino D'Ambrosio and "Revealing the Heart of God" with Fr Jeremiah Shyrock that received rave reviews!
- New parish logo and signage.
- Developed new website and homepage design with announcements, key event, weekly bite-sized gospel reflection from our Pastor.
- Redesigned and published new bulletin for improved communications.
- First Ministry Leaders Conference - WARM 2017.
- First Annual Homecoming/Welcome Weekend 2017 (Ministry Fair)
- Coordinated Parish Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon.
- And more to come!
SUGGESTIONS, QUESTIONS, OR TO GET INVOLVED:
Please contact any of our Council members in person, or click on the button below.
To nominate someone to the Council, please click the button below.
PASTORAL COUNCIL REPORTS TO THE PARISH:
PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL:
Msgr. Ed Coyle, Pastor
Fred Kimock, Chair
Shelly Steiner, Welcoming
Don Marron, Marketing
Tricia Charlesworth, Communications
Dave Kirby, Facilities
Open: Finance Representative
Deacon Rich Fenton, Pastoral Care Liaison
Kathy Yanushefski, Parish Life Liaison
Nancy Kellner, Faith Education Liaison
Michael Fernando, Liturgy & Worship Liaison
Pattie Kropf, St. Ann School Rep.
Bill Sullivan, Secretary
Open: Events Liaison