WHY JOIN THE WOMEN'S ALLIANCE OF ST. ANN'S (WASA)?
If you're looking for a group of women who are interested in celebrating our shared Catholic faith, doing good works, and having fun, then WASA is for you!
WHAT IS WASA?
WASA is a group of female parishioners brought together by faith who enjoy Christian fellowship, seek spiritual enrichment, and are dedicated to serving others.
WHAT WE DO
- Participate in monthly meetings (September through June) that consist of a light supper and dessert, as well as prayer, an outside speaker, and an activity or project
- Oversee Fall Bags & Basket Bingo, our primary fundraiser for the end-of-the-school-year activity and scholarship gift for 8th grade graduates of St. Ann's School
- Host an annual baby shower to collect items for Mary's Shelter, an organization that provides support and services to homeless young women who are pregnant
- Make blankets to donate to Project Linus, a group that provides free hand-crafted blankets to children who suffering and in need of comfort
- Provide lots of support to Helping Hands, especially by providing supplies, wrapping, and distributing gifts to needy families at Christmas and Easter
- Attend events sponsored by the Knights of Columbus to show our support
- Assist with other parish activities, including the annual Mass of Remembrance
- Donate delicious homemade baked goods to parish events as needed
- Are women of all ages - 18 to 118!
- Are mothers, grandmothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, single, married, widowed…you get the idea.
- Pay annual dues of $5.00 to cover our administrative costs
- Are looking for new faces to join our supportive group of Catholic women. Join us, and bring a friend!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN WASA?
To join WASA, contact Susan Miner by clicking the line below or calling 610-967-2140. You can also look for our monthly meeting announcement in the bulletin and just show up. We look forward to welcoming you!
BASKET AND BAGS BINGO
For Basket and Bags Bingo tickets, please contact Donna Zwick by clicking the button below.