WHY JOIN THE ACCESSIBILITY COMMITTEE?
Join us if you'd like to make a difference in the lives of parishioners who have physical challenges that prevent them from participating fully in Mass and parish life.
WHAT IS THE ACCESSIBILITY COMMITTEE?
The Accessibility Committee promotes the active involvement of persons with disabilities in our parish. We work closely with the diocesan Office for Ministry with Persons with Disabilities to share ideas and information, as well as identify best practices from other parishes that we can use at St. Ann's. (Some of our past successes include the installation of automatic doors at the main church entrance, the purchase of hearing-assist devices for use during Mass, and the availability of low-gluten hosts for persons with celiac disease or allergies.) We also collect, maintain, and lend out durable medical equipment, such as wheelchairs and walkers, to parishioners in need.
ACCESSIBILITY COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Are dedicated to making our church and parish activities accessible to everyone
- Are caring, compassionate, and sensitive to the challenges faced by people with disabilities
- Work with clergy and parishioners to identify specific problem areas and look for ways to fix them
- Treat as confidential any information received on the identity and circumstances of people served, sharing only as necessary with ministry coordinators and clergy
- Participate in diocesan events related to disability inclusion
- Help promote Diocesan Disability Inclusion Awareness Sunday, held in November
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE ACCESSIBILITY COMMITTEE?
To join our committee, suggest ways to make our church more accessible, or request assistance, please contact Pam Fleck by clicking on the button below.
To donate to, help manage, or borrow from our supply of durable medical equipment, please call Fred Caton at 610-965-3408.