WHY JOIN THE GRIEF SUPPORT MINISTRY?
Comfort the sorrowful. Pray for the living and the dead. If you would like to make these two Spiritual Works of Mercy part of your everyday life, join our Grief Support Ministry and help comfort members of our parish grieving the loss of a loved one.
WHAT IS THE GRIEF SUPPORT MINISTRY?
The Grief Support Ministry has one solemn purpose: to seek out and comfort those who mourn. We offer prayers and support to parishioners who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
WHAT WE DO:
- Review obituaries and death notices regularly to identify parishioners and/or family members who have died.
- Stay informed about funerals at St. Ann's and burials taking place at our parish cemetery, Calvary Cemetery.
- Obtain contact information for next of kin and send sympathy cards promptly after the death and quarterly during the year after death.
- Add the name of the deceased to the remembrance display in the back of the church. Each name remains in the display for one year after death.
- Provide free inspirational, religious pamphlets related to grief, death, and dying to those who need them. Please help yourself to these booklets, which are in the CareNotes display in the back of the church.
- Plan the annual Mass of Remembrance, which takes place in mid- December.
GRIEF SUPPORT MEMBERS:
- Are caring, compassionate adults sensitive to the needs of those in mourning
- Feel called to comfort and support those grieving the loss of a loved one
- Are always looking for new ways to reach out to the sorrowful. Do you have any ideas to share? Please join us.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN THE GRIEF SUPPORT MINISTRY?
To learn more about our ministry, or suggest new ways to comfort those who mourn, please contact Mary Helen Markowitz by clicking the button below.
ARE YOU GRIEVING THE LOSS OF A LOVED ONE?
As Jesus said, "Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted. (Matthew 5:4) Our Grief Support members are here to offer support and assistance in your time of sorrow. If you need help, or know someone who does, please call Mary Helen Markowitz at 610-481-9789.