WHY JOIN HELPING HANDS?
Do you want to help those less fortunate in our parish and the East Penn area in hands-on, practical ways? Then come join Helping Hands.
WHAT IS HELPING HANDS?
Helping Hands is a group of parish volunteers committed to assisting families-in-need, both in our parish and surrounding community, by providing them with necessities for daily living, especially in times of crisis and during the holidays.
WHAT WE DO:
- Work with clergy, parishioners, and other community organizations to identify families who require material or financial assistance.
- When we find out about a family in crisis, mobilize a team of generous parishioners, school families, and others to provide immediate donations of gift cards, food, clothing, furniture, and other needed items.
- Before Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, solicit food donations from the parish in order to create holiday-meal food boxes for needy families.
- Help parents provide Christmas gifts for their children: Ask families-in-need for wish lists, share the lists with the parish, and invite parishioners to "adopt" a family and purchase gifts from the list.
- Collect, organize, wrap, and deliver Christmas-gift donations.
- During Lent, solicit donations for basket items, create, and distribute Easter baskets for families-in-need.
- Work with East Penn Neighbors Helping Neighbors [linkto: http://www.epnhn.org/], an ecumenical organization dedicated to helping the homeless in the East Penn School District.
HELPING HANDS MEMBERS:
- Are committed to helping those less fortunate in our parish and community
- Maintain the confidentiality of all those who receive assistance
- Treat those being helped with the sensitivity, dignity, and respect they deserve
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN HELPING HANDS?
To join Helping Hands, please contact Ben Servagno by clicking the button below.
DO YOU NEED A HELPING HAND?
Has an unexpected turn of events made it difficult for you to provide for your family? As the holidays approach, are you worried you won't be able to put a meal on the table? No money for gifts under the tree? Our Helping Hands committee can help. Contact Ben Servagno at 610-349-2853 for more information.