WHY JOIN THE PRAYER SHAWL GROUP?
Join the Prayer Shawl Group if you love to knit or crochet and want to use your God-given talent to create a garment of love, comfort, and healing for others.
WHAT IS THE PRAYER SHAWL GROUP?
The Prayer Shawl Group is a team of talented crafters who knit and crochet shawls to be given to individuals who are ill, homebound, or suffering. As we create these shawls, we pray that those who receive them will feel the warm embrace of God's love. It's our way of showing those who are hurting that they have the support of our parish family.
WHAT WE DO:
- Knit or crochet prayer shawls on our own, at our own pace. (Check with the group coordinator for the availability of donated yarn, or use your own supplies as part of your gift.)
- As we create our shawls, we pray that God will bless the work of our hands and allow our shawls to provide comfort to people in need.
- Once completed, our shawls are kept by the parish secretary to be distributed as needed.
- Shawls are distributed by the Prayer Shawl Group coordinator, communion ministers, and parish clergy during visits to homes, hospitals or other care facilities.
PRAYER SHAWL MEMBERS:
- Enjoy knitting and crocheting
- Feel called to use their skills to create something for others in need
- Are generous with their time and talent
- Belong to a community of crafters. You don't need to be a parishioner of St. Ann's to join this ministry. All are welcome!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN THE PRAYER SHAWL GROUP?
To learn more about the Prayer Shawl Group, or to donate yarn and supplies to our crafters, please contact our group coordinator, Marie Minger, by clicking on the button below.
DO YOU, OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, NEED A PRAYER SHAWL?
To request a prayer shawl, contact our coordinator, Beverly Ruppert, by calling 610-967-1663 or by clicking on the button below.