WHY JOIN RESPECT LIFE?
Become a member of Respect Life if you want to put your faith into action and promote the Church's social teaching that every person is precious at every stage of life, beginning with conception.
WHAT IS RESPECT LIFE?
Respect Life is dedicated to raising awareness of the Catholic Church's belief that every life - from conception to natural death - is sacred. The committee sponsors events that raise money for local, diocesan-approved groups that help people of all faiths choose life. Organizations include Mary's Shelter - Lehigh Valley, which provides numerous services to homeless young women who are pregnant, and Pennsylvanians for Human Life, a group of trained volunteer speakers who give pro-life presentations, primarily to middle-school and high-school students.
RESPECT LIFE MEMBERS:
- Are dedicated to actively supporting the Church's belief that every life is worth living
- Show compassion toward those who are dealing with an unexpected pregnancy, a poor prenatal diagnosis, a terminal illness, or the challenges of growing older
- Help manage the annual Baby Bottle Campaign to raise money for Mary's Shelter in Bethlehem, PA
- Assist with the annual Mother's Day carnation sale to support Pennsylvanians for Human Life
- Create displays for the church and/or school that highlight the sanctity of human life
- Treat as confidential the identity and/or circumstances of people seeking information from the Respect Life committee, sharing with clergy and ministry coordinators only when necessary
- Participate in diocesan events related to Respect Life
- Help promote Respect Life Sunday, the first Sunday in October
INTERESTED IN JOINING RESPECT LIFE?
To join the Respect Life committee or find out more about the organizations we support, please contact Melissa Stewart by clicking on the line below.