WHY JOIN THE TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE?
Our Transportation Committee does more than provide rides to parishioners who can no longer drive. If you enjoy meeting new people and want to have a direct and positive impact on the lives of older adults in our parish, this committee is for you.
WHAT IS THE TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE?
The Transportation Committee provides assistance to older parishioners who cannot drive and helps them maintain an active, independent life without wheels. Our team of volunteers makes it possible for these parishioners to attend Mass and get to medical appointments.
TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Are over age 18.
- Have a valid Pennsylvania's driver's license
- Have a safe driving record.
- Have their own personal vehicle that is safe and reliable for transporting passengers. The vehicle must have a valid and current registration, and valid and current license plates.
- Provide proof of liability insurance for their vehicle.
- Can volunteer to drive as much as they wish. The exact schedule, frequency, and destinations are mutually agreed between the drivers and the committee coordinator(s).
- Must treat as confidential the identity and circumstances of people requesting rides, sharing with clergy and the Committee Coordinator(s) only when necessary.
INTERESTED IN SERVING ON THE TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE OR GETTING A RIDE?
To become a volunteer driver or request a ride, please contact Nick and Gloria Grazio by clicking on the button below or calling 610-395-2285.